Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sleep and Age

Now that I am in my mid fifties I have a problem sleeping through the night. As a youth and young woman I fell asleep as my head hit the pillow. Now I am waking up at 2am, 3am, or just any odd time and often I am not able to fall back asleep. I tried Benedryl, Melatonin, and Valarian Root. Non seem to help. And I will not go into prescription drugs. I have seen too many of my customers rely on them to sleep.

None of these are as bad as when I have to get up early to go to work the next morning. This is psychological. I have had many nights when I did not get a wink of sleep. So I get up not having gotten any sleep. I am not quite sure how to resolve this. I think of hypnosis therapy but never looked into it. Tomorrow morning I need to leave home at seven in the morning. Just to be able to sleep a few hours of deep sleep would be wonderful. I don't even know when I first could not sleep....