Friday, March 8, 2013

Mother's Days

I have been telling my mother, you must exercise to remember good days, memorable days, and joyful days. Those days may be far and few in life. It takes an effort because they do not surface by themselves.

This morning at breakfast Tom brought up another buried treasure.

Do you remember when our children were young? Every mother's day we would come and pick up your mother and father. We would go to Chicago Botanic Garden and spend a day.

Oh I remember how our kids would run. Henna would pull her daddy's hand. She always had a claim on her dad. Later Lizy would do the same. The boys would run ahead and sometimes tumbling down the hill in laughter. My mother, father and I would walk behind all of them talking, just talking... When lunch time came we stopped somewhere for gimbop (Korean Sushi) and a sandwich for Tom.

I must tell my mother of this pearl, our yearly outing every mother's day!