Friday, March 1, 2013

Memories: Cat Hat Moomie


March 1996

The boys talked me into taking them to Blockbuster at about 9:30 pm. They were off from school for Pulaski day. (Who in the world is that?)

Elizabeth, who was about eighteen months at this time, came along. I had to be careful not to go to the Winnie-the-Pooh section because she couldn’t get enough of Pooh. But when Elizabeth saw a Cat-in-the-Hat video, she latched onto it and would not let go for all the world. I ended up buying the video, but I had to set Elizabeth on the counter so the cashier could scan it. That was her video, and nobody was going to mess with it!

When we walked in the house, she ran to her daddy holding out the tape...“My moomie” (aka movie). “Cat Hat moomie!” Tom played it for her. When the Cat-in-the-Hat came on the screen, she was ecstatic, dancing around, pointing and saying, “Cat Hat....My moomie!”

No comments:

Post a Comment